Last week we were browsing around Deseret Book when all of the sudden Katelyn gets the urge: "I HAVE TO GO POO POO!!!" I calmly head straight to the first worker to inquire about the restrooms. In the meantime, Katelyn takes off running frantically around the entire store (it's not that big), through each aisle and completing a full circle around the store, all the time muttering something about finding a bathroom and going poo. When she finally makes her way back to me she is in a panic. "Mommy, THERE ARE NO BATHROOMS!" Well, there was a bathroom and we finally found it. We both enter, and as Katelyn begins to pull down her pants she exclaims "That was CLOSE!" That was the first time she told me in public to take her to a restroom. I was feeling pretty good about it, so the next day when I took her to the music store I let her stay in her underwear rather than a diaper. When we finished and I was getting her in her carseat, I caught a whiff of something in her pants. Uh-oh! "Katelyn, why didn't you tell me you had to go to the bathroom?" Her reply? "Because guitars don't have bathrooms." And how could I argue with that?
3 comments:
I think this proves that she will not go to school in diapers....although I do remember having to run to school one time with a change of clothes for one of my kids who had an accident...I won't mention which of the four it was to avoid embarrassment...but those "really close ones" really do happen sometimes.
i laughed so hard at this.
Ha! Potty training has to be one of the funniest experiences we have with our kids!;) Good luck!
Post a Comment