Saturday, November 8, 2008

Castles In The Sand


Lately it seems I can't get through my blog list without coming across a cutesy post about the leaves changing and the bundling up to go outside and the warm fires inside with hot cocoa and marshmallows. These are all things I love...along with warm scarves and coats and mittens--even earmuffs on occasion. And I'll admit that as I've sat in So Cal, sweating in the above 90 degree weather, I've been a little green-eyed. I've even tried to create an artificial Autumn for myself. Some Fall decorations here and there, bottles of Trader Joe's Spicy Cider (which I heat and sip from my favorite mug), cinnamon air fresheners (which I hope will give my house the illusion that some sort of pie is baking). Well, I've been trying real hard. But then I wized up and remembered that we have something that none of y'all have--The Beach!! We spent an afternoon watching Kite Surfers and building Castles In The Sand. We bought chocolates at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (my fav!!) and watched a beautiful sunset over the Pacific Ocean. Jealous much?
The best part about building sand castles is demolishing them when you are done!
Katelyn thought so too.



HAPPY AUTUMN!

2 comments:

POM Beasley said...

Hey Dana....it can't be all that hot there if Katelyn has a coat on at the beach....excuse me, I've gotta go wrap up in my favorite blanket here and warm up some cocoa and look out my window at all the leaves I need to rake up off the lawn.....are you jealous now?? And I just may jump into that pile of leaves when I'm all done.

Dana said...

You funny Mama!!