Remember Claire's?
I do.
I remember being about 11, and getting my ears pierced and thinking Claire's was really cool. Now that I'm older and have discovered stores like Anthropologie...Claire's equals not-so-cool.
Nevertheless, last month my sister and I returned to Claire's. Our piercings had closed up, so we were back for more. I had put it off for a LONG time because I felt a little awkward at the thought of returning...but somehow going with a friend, especially a sister, makes you a little braver. At least we would be embarrased together, right?
Well, it was still as wild as ever. There were cheap, brightly colored makeups and accessories EVERYWHERE I turned. Katelyn might as well have died and gone to heaven, though. She was frantic with excitement. I don't think she could have dreamed of a more wonderful place. HSM3 was playing in the background...and I'll never forget how funny it was to see Katelyn's mad dash to pretend to put on just a liiittle more makeup before we finally made her leave the store. (By the way, I thought it might be fun for Kate and I to pierce our ears together, and she was totally brave and gung-ho about it until I pinched her earlobes to give her an idea of what was about to happen. That freaked her out and she now has no desire to pierce her ears. I guess the moral of that story is: don't pinch your daughter's ears beforehand.)
Dear Claire's,
It was fun to venture back within your four walls and take a step back in time, but life goes on. That is why in ten short days I will be removing your studs and replacing them with a pair of much more fashionable and sophisticated studs from Anthro. But don't fret...although you may have lost me, my daughter's heart still belongs to you for another few years.
XOXO, Dana

1 comment:
I'm wondering if we should use this as Maggie's picture on her missionary plaque in the Ward lobby???
I was beginning to wonder if your Claire's adventure would ever show up on your blog....you did not disappoint.
Post a Comment