*Katelyn, Maggie and an egg salad sandwich in the northern coast this summer
Today I got a glimpse into the mind of a 4-year-old when I dictated a letter from Katelyn to Maggie, who is at the MTC. I think the letter is hilarious. Read on if you dare!!
Hi Maggie,
Katelyn's birthday. I have a Harry Potter costume. I got it for my birthday. Baby chicks is cute and I have something else to say. I like baby hats. And I love Maggie and she is mommy's sister and Jonathan's her brother and Maggie's his sister. And I love Jonathan. I'm getting itchy. And I have something else to say. I have a birthday party coming up! I even have a Sleeping Beauty doll and a pink horsey. Mommy wrapped up my presents.
In school I got to be the line leader. I led the line to the blue bench and to the blue table. That is where we eat lunch. I like blue and pink and purple. And green. And yellow. And gray. And shakeys. And chickys. Chickys and shakeys. And ducks. And mermaids. And scarfs. And flowers. And flying in an airplane. And lightbulbs. And I like my own lightbulb. I mean, it's a Dora goodnight lightbulb. My mom and dad turn it off when the light is gonna die. So, that's all that I want to say.
In school I built a Matman (I think that means Batman, but she insists it's Matman). Matman has ears and feet and legs and knees and elbows and arms and hands. And he has a body and he has this big round thing that's next to your toe (maybe a heel, I think). And that's it that I want to say.
I am doing good. I love Jonathan. I love his gassing. I love his funny knock-knock jokes. I love his funny earrings. I mean, I love Maggie's funny earrings. Now I'm going to make a snow angel on mommy's bed. I'm going to make a snow angel in the snow. Then I'm going to get up. I can't get up on my bottom. Mom, let's do something else.
Kitarita is doing fine. Seriously, who gave me the Harry Potter birthday card? (That would be, Grandma and Grandpa B).
Me: Are you teaching Zach a lot of new words?
Kate: No. N-O. Here, mom, let me teach you how to spell N-O.
I went to Disneyland for my birthday. Aaaah! I'm falling in the ice cream shop! 1-2-3-4 monsters knocking at my door (sung to the tune of Feist).
Me: What else do you want to say about your birthday?
Kate: Nothing. I'll have a great day at my party. Do we get to make the cake yet?
Bye.
I love you.
Katelyn
1 comment:
Maggie will love it.
Post a Comment