Saturday, September 26, 2009

Harry Potter Birthday Extravaganza!!

Anybody who reads this blog probably has an idea of what HUGE Harry Potter nerds we are. I was so excited when Katelyn told me she wanted a HP themed birthday this year. We had to get creative (there aren't many HP party supplies out there), but the party was a success!

The 'cakes.

The youngest seeker in a century--waiting for her guests to arrive.
They're here!!
After all the guests received their glasses, wands and lightning scars,
we got straight to the 'cakes (cupcakes, that is).

The HP cupcakes were a hit.
Zach went to town, and I had never seen a messier onesie in all my days!
Mom, we saved this one for you, but you better hurry on over...
I don't know how much longer he'll last!
After an intense game of Quidditch (Bludgers and all!),
Katelyn opened her presents.


Grandma and Grandpa P hooked her up with everything a young wizard needs: circle glasses, a wand and broomstick. Thankfully her Gryffindor scarf, which I am knitting, will be ready before winter sets in. ;-)


We all took turns trying out her new wizard's gear.
(Yes...Adam and I have lightning scars, too.)
A rare family photo:
The after party:
Wand = Happy
No Wand = Sad
Wow! This has been a long post! I wish I could write more, honestly,
but my scar has been KILLING me lately!!

...not to mention, U2 is on SNL tonight and I can't stand to miss it!
I think Bono is cooler than cool, but we'll save that story for another day.
P.S. I am a nerd.

5 comments:

Em said...

love the cupcakes and your glasses. so fun.

POM Beasley said...

Extravaganzicus stupendicus!!!! Wish I could have been there for the festivities but am anxiously awaiting my visit next week....and my Harry Potter cuppie-cake. Please be so kind as to put Harry's invisible cape over it so no one finds it before I get there.

You look way cool Katelyn Potter Poole.....and did I ever tell you I met Harry last week (just kidding), actually I didn't meet him but I talked to him on the phone (just kidding), actually I don't have a phone cuz I put it through the wash but he sent me a letter (just kidding), actually it wasn't a letter but I read his book (just kidding), actually I can't read cuz I never went to school (just kidding), actually I went to school but it was Hogwart's (just kidding), actually Hogwart's wouldn't take me so I had to go the school of Hobbits in the Shire (just kidding), actually I'm too tall for the Hobbits (just kidding), actually I'm 7' tall (just kidding), actually I'm 7" tall (just kidding, just kidding, just kidding).

See you next week Katelyn...not kidding.

Tiffany said...

Your cupcakes are too much fun! What a fun Mommy you are!!

karen said...

I love the cupcakes! How clever and fun! I miss having little kid parties.

Kierstin said...

Good work! Looks like the party was a success. Adam makes a good Harry!