Tuesday, September 22, 2009

September 22

Four years ago today, I became a mommy!

Here is a chronicle of how we celebrated Katelyn's birthday:

Last day of preschool:

Everyone looks at her lunchbox and says she must be a big Angels fan. Not really. They were just handing them out free at an Angels game once.We couldn't find any muffins without nuts or chocolate (someone has severe allergies), or Harry Potter cupcake toppers, so we opted for fruit snacks and made these birthday tags on lolipop sticks. We thought the bird stamp was cute.

Katelyn made two friends at preschool today and got to lead the line at lunch. All in all it was a good day!


When daddy came home we rushed off to Disneyland. Katelyn got a birthday gift card from the lady at guest services. Kate told her she was going to ride "It's a Small World" for her birthday. Adam and I exchanged looks...hoping it would be possible (the park was closing in 30 minutes and we had a long way to go still). We entered the park and rushed over to Small World with 15 minutes to spare. The entrance was blocked off by a parade. At first we were a little bugged...until we realized it was a parade to celebrate birthdays!!! So we told Kate that guest services must have phoned Mickey and told him to rush a birthday party over to Small World where Katelyn would be waiting. She thought it was simply magical! When the parade ended we booked it over to Small World and were practically the first in line...no waiting!! Perfecto!

Very exciting!

Does anyone else think the puppets are creepy?

The park was closed by the time we finished Small World, so we went to the Disney store at Downtown Disney to use up her gift card. We found an awesome apron that says "Domestic Princess". I thought that was perfect since I am a Domestic Goddess...(just a little joke)...so we got it. She found a Sleeping Beauty barbie with a pink horse. She had been dreaming that one up for months, but I had no luck in finding a Sleeping Beauty barbie anywhere. It was like a miracle when we saw this one in the store. It must have been the last one left, too. Our trip to Disney was very last minute and unplanned, but somehow everything worked out perfectly. I was so pleased!!

We went home and had a slice of the best chocolate cake around...Blackout Cake from Wholesome Choice...and Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream. Katelyn opened her presents, which including her very own Gryffindor robes!! She'll make the cutest Harry Potter ever this Halloween!


Happy Birthday Princess Katelyn!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a fun mommy you are! And I absolutely adore her apron!;)

The Hoyt's said...

She looks just like a miniature Dana in that first picture with the angels bag! I love all your detailed updates. Miss you guys!

POM Beasley said...

Yeh!! I've been waiting for the birthday post FOREVER!!! Katelyn looks so grown up. To think next year it's school and then you may as well start thinking about college cuz in a blink of an eye, that's were they are. I am so glad to see you fill her life with magic and adventure....and that you share it with us.