Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hermanas


Well, I didn't "Ooooh Say Can You Seeee..." at the Angel's game this summer. But I had a good reason for not being there. My little sister Maggie was going through the temple for the first time that day. I was able to be there with her. On a sunny day overlooking the Bay. I wouldn't have missed it for 100 Angel games!

And so today, at 12:45pm MST, as I type this post, she will walk through the gates of the LDS Missionary Training Center in Provo to learn Spanish and to train for her mission. I wish I could be with her as she walks in, but alas, I can't. So I am imagining myself there and what I would say. And hopefully she knows I am thinking of her.

While she is on her mission,we can't call one another. Only letters. I'm pretty bummed about that, but rules are rules. Katelyn spent the morning drawing pictures for Maggie.
Be of good cheer, Hermana Maggie.
Enjoy the mish.
We love you!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

How come I didn't know you had a little sister? I always thought your little brother was the youngest... I am totally off base here? Anyway, congratulations MISSIONS are the BEST!!! Especially ones that they call you HERMANA...

Jake & Rachel said...

Good for your sister! Where in Texas will she be serving?