Thursday, March 26, 2009

Savior of the World

The Holy Family

The performances are underway! Last night was the opening night of Savior of the World: His Birth and Resurrection. It is a musical drama put on by local members of the LDS church. Countless hours of service have gone into this production and the result is inspiringly beautiful. I am privileged to be a member of the 125 voice Angel Choir. I sing praises to my Savior and announce his birth to the shepherds in their fields. I surround the blessed family and sing to the infant Jesus. It is a very sacred experience and dear to my heart!

I hope that everyone who would like to come has an opportunity to do so. All nine performances are rumored to be sold out, but still try to get in. My determined mother-in-law, whose motto is "Never say die," was able to purchase a ticket at the door last night. And President Francis is talking about adding an extra Saturday performance. He wants everyone to have a chance to come.

Here I am adoring the Baby Jesus.
My favorite part of the play is singing to the shepherds: "Glory to God in the Highest." They all look up at us in amazement. I've often wondered what that night was like when the veil between heaven and earth was lifted and the choir of angels sang to the shepherds. I am filled with rapture as I look into their faces, and I now have an idea of the joy and miracles that took place on that sacred night.

Here is one of the shepherds.
Katelyn refers to him as "Boden's Daddy."
Below is my little cousin Bryce. I will never forget the night at rehearsal when I watched tears streaming down his cherubic face as he understood for the first time the reality and cruelty of the Crucifixion. I imagine that angels were with him that night...real ones.

For more information and tickets, click here.

3 comments:

Jake & Rachel said...

Matt and Debbi were telling me about this and it sounds amazing! I wish I was in town still to see it. Kudos for you Dana for participating!! It sounds like a really special opportunity.

POM Beasley said...

I am so glad you were able to take part in this. What an unbelievable experience and you'll have it always. A little more oil in your lamp. Can't wait to see the play.

Lance&Brittany said...

That play was awesome. You looked so pretty up there as an angel. Anyway I could get a copy of that picture of Bryce?