Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Katelyn-isms

*Shrek*

Kids say the darndest things. Here are a few that made me laugh yesterday:

*Warning-this one is a little gross*

Katelyn runs in excitedly with something on her finger.

Kate: Mom! Look at this!!

Me: What is it?

Katelyn: Well...It's not a booger.

Me: Then what is it?

Kate: It's NOT a booger.

Sometimes you need to acknowledge what they're saying before they can move on. So...

Me: Okay, it's not a booger. So what is it?

Kate: It came...(dramatic pause)...from my toenails.

That one still makes me chuckle. Here's another:

Sometimes when we say a word we say it twice and that makes it sound cuter. For example, out loud say "What a big bum." Now say "What a big bum-bum." Which sounds cuter? Now imagine Bam from "Viva La Bam". Then imagine Bam-Bam from "The Flintstones". Which is cuter? Get my point?

Also, Katelyn enjoys finding rhyming words, but she's not always perfect at it. For instance: "Hey! It rhymes! Park...Let's go to the park."

And we just bought a new Wii.

Now you'll understand our next conversation a little better.

Me: Let's go play with the Wii Wii.

Katelyn: Hey, it rhymes! Let's go play Wii Wii...Zachy has a wee wee!

And last of all...this one took place after I gave my bedroom a quick "cleaning" by stuffing everything in the closet. Katelyn came along and opened my closet door and...

"HO-ley SHOOOT!!! Mom! Come look at the mess in here!!"

4 comments:

POM Beasley said...

Can I move into your house so I can laugh all the time

Josie said...

How cute!! What a sweetheart! Cant wait until Bailey can talk!

Mari said...

What a crack-up--I looove the Shrek 'do'.

The Pfau's said...

Kids are hilarious! Thats so good you write those things down. I need to be better at that I forget them so fast!