Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Go Nie!

*This is not me. This is Nie.*
Nie has a new goal. She plans to hike "Y" mountain on Aug 16th, one year from the date of her accident. Adam teases me for caring about this girl I don't even know, but I can't help but love her for all her faith and courage. Here is an excerpt from her blog describing her first attempt at training:

"MY GOAL: To officially hike the "Y" on my accident date, Aug 16th.Working my way one switchback at a time until I am officially ready-hopefully by August.We climbed up the first switchback in good time. My legs barely bent with so much scarring and tissue holding them back. I wanted to break free and begin running up the trail like I used to. This was hard emotionally and physically.My parents and my sweet Mr. Nielson (in his white hat) cheered me on. Finally getting to the first switchback I did it! It was like heaven. Everyone smiling, everyone happy, everyone hugging.We held hands down and the beautiful sun was gone behind the lake. Time to go home and make dinner, kids in tubs, church clothes picked out, house picked up, kisses, stories, and then goodnight. Just like the good old days.Really."

Is it just me or is anyone else tempted to be there on August 16th to cheer her on?

Go Nie!!!

2 comments:

Jake & Rachel said...

I love reading Nie too! She's an inspiration.

Em said...

haha, girl you know it's crossed my mind!!! we only live 40 min away;-)