This cross-stitch just about killed me. December has been a mad dash to finish this thing. Remind me NEVER to cross-stitch again. It is the most boring waste of time ever. This cross-stitch is the reason my house has been a disaster this month, the reason I feel like I haven't seen the light of day, the reason my mind was in a stupor by day and vividly dreaming by night, and the reason I quit my blog for a bit (thanks Emily for getting me going again!). I was so stressed to get it done. One night, when my brain was particularly burnt out from stitching, I thought I might be having a brain hemmorhage, or heart failure or something, and I thought: How lame would that be to die by cross-stitch. Needless to say, I'm glad that part is over, and I hope Katelyn treasures this stocking forever (and never spills anything on it)!
6 comments:
This is beautiful!
Have you made it yourself?
You must have the patience of a saint, all those tiny stitches...
Looking forward to seeing the finished project.
G
P.S:Even if you only go to Australia in your dreams it is fun reaching out and making new friendships through our blogs. Tonight I will be dreaming of Hot Chocolate in Utah!
It looks great Dana! I'm working on a cross-stitch stocking. I started before Romney was born. He will have it before he graduates. Maybe.
Yeah, it took me over a year. I had no idea it would take that long when I bought the kit. ;P
I needlepointed stockings for my first two and then wised up for my third and fabric painted/quilted it. So much faster! I love the look of cross stitch and needlepoint but its really time consuming! Great job though! It's darling! And - as consolation for all the hard work - my kids now treasure those stockings with their own families even though they're all grown up!
aMAZing!!!!!
Grandma Sousa would be so proud of you Dana....I think she looked down on you and counted each of those cross stitches with you.
Post a Comment