Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Baby

This is the tale of a haircut...

Littleman's hair was getting long. I wouldn't say it was girlishly long, but on more than two occasions strangers had commented on my "baby girl". I thought that was odd when he was wearing carpenter pants, pirate shirts and called Zachary, but whatever. Anyway, that's not even why I cut his hair, because it doesn't bother me much that a few unobservant strangers thought he was a girl. I was inspired by CJane, who cut off her sons hair because she wanted to see her baby again. I realized how fast Zach has been growing. I had never thought of it before, but could a simple haircut really give me back my baby boy? It seemed like a long shot, but I decided to give it a try. For the record, Adam and I both think the short cut actually makes him look older. Darn!

Here Zach is trying to wipe the hair off his tongue. Good luck with that!

It is a cardinal rule among husbands and children that haircuts go better with the TV on.

(This is the scene where Nemo says "I hate you." I get this look a lot from Zach. Nemo didn't really mean it, though. Neither does Zach. I can tell by all his drooly kisses.)

Here is my photographer/water-squirter taking a self-portrait.

Kate is in the background waiting to squirt something.

The End.

6 comments:

Em said...

the movie is the only way we get through a haircut. brennan has moved from cars to nemo since his last snip. he wants nemo every day now. i think the music makes me enjoy it more than all of the other movies he's been obsessed with. it's calming:-)

Anonymous said...

Haircuts are the worst. And I agree, it makes them look older. But sometimes it just has to be done, and we have to accept that they are, in fact, getting older.

Tiffany said...

Your little man is just darling! It is so sad when you "lose" your baby!!

Emily said...

yum-hairy tongue.

POM Beasley said...

Face it, Zach is stink'n cute whether his hair is long or short...but I do think he's looking older when I see that picture of him watching Nemo and his back is strangely taking on the look of his Grandpa Beasley with all that hair covering it. How's his chest looking???? Grandpa didn't get that hair until his 20's.

Jake & Rachel said...

The picture with the hair on his back is funny! It looks like real back hair. I think buzz cuts make them look older too...but it's so much easier.