Thursday, November 26, 2009

SIRIUSly Rad!

We spent all last night and on into the morning driving from the south of California to the north. It is a drive that our family is all too familiar with. When we are lucky, our children sleep, and Adam and I are left to our own long, deep conversations. We look for shooting stars and drink Rockstar to stay awake. Once the Rockstar kicks in, my husband's mind goes into overdrive, and then the conversation gets REALLY interesting! Ahhh, fun times!

Last night's trip was going along quite as usual as ever. We were struggling to get some fuzzy AM radio reception somewhere between the Harris Ranch and Coalinga, when all of a sudden I noticed the dash button on our rental car--a button I had never seen before.

SIRIUS, it said.

I was excited. I immediately pushed it....It worked!!

The rest of our trip was anything but normal. We tuned in, exploring this completely new (to us) world of satellite radio. We found the 80's channel and stayed there. The Talkingheads, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, U2, the Cure...it was a blast (from the past)! We both agreed that it was totally rad! And when we arrived in Orland at 5 am I was wearing a side pony and Adam was wearing high tops. (Okay, I made that part up.)

1 comment:

Jake & Rachel said...

I love Sirius radio! I wish I had it in my car, but I don't want to pay for it monthly. We get it on TV though and it's a lot of fun.