Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



We had an excellent Thanksgiving yesterday with family, friends and about a half dozen LDS missionaries. The weather was just warm enough that we were able to eat outside in my parents beautiful back yard. The trees were bursting with leaves in all shades of brown, yellow, orange and red. I feel like I am finally getting my fall. (Did I mention the weather was in the 80's when we left SoCal Wednesday? We're experiencing and endless summer!)

After dinner, the boys all gathered for a game of frisbee golf. My brother-in-law set up a course around my parent's 25-acres a couple years ago. It is one of their favorite pass-times when they are here. I also ventured out and caught a couple pictures of my Littleman, who LOVES all the space to run around at grandma and grandpa's. Sadly, all the cold air did him in. He and Katelyn are both coming down with something nasty, and are no longer allowed outside. :(





Today we ventured out for a little Black Friday excitement. Kohl's was a madhouse. There were people everywhere and the lines wound throughout the whole store. Katelyn got lost. She was with her grandma. One second she was there and the next second she was gone. Because it was so crowded and Black Friday, my mind was in a panic. I thought the chances were good that someone had snatched her. Code Yellow was announced over the speakers. I told the workers her description. I could remember every single detail of the clothing she wore that day. I had helped her pick it out myself. I doubt more than three minutes had passed (but it felt like an eternity), and they had found her. She told the worker who found her that she was looking for her mom, and that she was very brave. Then she helped herself to another complimentary candy cane.

After that big adventure we headed to the mall, where Katelyn met Santa Claus. After some hesitation and waving from a distance, she went up and told him that she wanted a princess doll for Christmas, and that was all. He gave her a coloring book and a hug, and she decided that Santa was a nice guy and not at all scary like she had thought.

Tonight my kids have fevers and barking coughs. Zach has rosy cheeks, which has my mom convinced that he has 5th Disease. That sounds scary to me, but she says that all kids get it and it's no big deal. Either way, I have a feeling that tonight is going to be a LONG night!

No comments: