Tuesday, October 27, 2009

When Life Gives You Apples

Today, life gave me apples.

Anne delivered them to my doorstep, all the way from a little farm up north. But in my opinion, this farm is more like an orchard. And it's a pomegranate orchard...not an apple orchard. Is that confusing?

Anyway...life gave me apples, so I made applesauce.

The steam fogged up my lens, and I played with it. Katelyn wouldn't let me take her picture, so here is foggy me and foggy cinnamon. (Sometimes my vision looks foggy like in the cinnamon picture. Is that bad?)

My house smells really good. Like apples and cinnamon and cloves. In the colder months, my mom used to boil a pot of cinnamon and cloves on top of our wood stove. The smell brought me back. And it was a little bit cold today....Oh, who am I kidding? It's never cold here.

P.S. The applesauce is good; way better than Mott's! (Pssst....have you heard about the scandal??)

4 comments:

Gina said...

I want to come around to your house just to breathe in the wonderful smell!

Cinnamon us such a good smell especially when combining with apples.

Enjoy!

karen said...

Homemade applesauce is so good!

The Breakwell Family said...

How funny...I just was given a bunch of apples too by a friend who picked them from an orchard, so I made applesauce too (my first time doing it) and I think it turned out well.

Em said...

mmmmm, love homemade applesauce. i've made it once before. it was sooooo good. i've been scared to try it again b/c it took so long. i think i'm making a moutain out of a mole hill though...