Saturday, October 10, 2009
Ka-Chow!!
Yesterday as I was driving with my kids, I pulled off a tricky maneuver (and dangerous and stupid) and Katelyn loved it. She told me how much she liked my cool moves and she said that even our car knew it was cool. Then we gave each other high fives (another dangerous and stupid thing to do while driving). After a few minutes had passed, she said "Let's pretend our car is shiny." I laughed because I had just been thinking about what a junky beater our car is. She said she wanted to pretend it was shiny so we could pretend it was Lightning McQueen. What a compliment...(she thinks I am a racecar driver!), but sooooo far from the truth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm glad Lightening McPoole was safe enough to write about this adventure.
brennan was driving his little car around the discovery play place yesterday backwards. i called him "mater" and he laughed. do you think he knew what i was talking about???;-) at least the other moms did, they laughed and said they had the entire movie memorized too.
Sounds like the day when I didn't see a road hump meant to slow us down and I went over it a little too fast so the kids bounced on their seats like a rollercoaster ride!
"Do it again Mum!" " PLEASE!!!!!"
Gina, my husbands grandma did that while he was a little boy and riding with her. Instead of taking her freeway exit, she accidentally took the exit where the trucks go to get weighed. She hit a huge bump at freeway speed and they went flying. He loved it, but she told him not to say anything about it. So funny! I wish I could have met her before she died.
I remember one day I let some neighborhood kids ride with my kids on the hood of my car for a little distance down our (then) street. Boy did I ever get in trouble for that lapse in judgement! Not too safe I guess, but it seemed so fun at the time!
Katelyn's got the right idea. I pretend my house is shiny all the time :)
Dana - Halloween Soup is so named because my husband always makes it on Halloween for whoever is around. Basically, it's just a thick cream sauce, and then you add cooked potatoes and carrots ("mashed" into small lumps - chunks are too big. Think of very lumpy mashed potatoes.) Stir it all in and add salt and pepper (I love lots of pepper) to taste. The carrots give it a nice bit of Halloween color, but the lumps are so small the kids don't really realize they're eating carrots. Its delicious and hearty, and you can make as much or as little as you need/want. Enjoy!
Post a Comment