Friday, February 6, 2009

What Not to Wear?

We scored some comp tickets to the symphony tonight. They're performing Rachmaninoff's 3rd concerto and Brahms' 3rd symphony. I'm so excited! But I don't know what to wear. The last time I went to the symphony (okay, besides Chico State) was in San Francisco, and I wore the same outfit I'm wearing below.
(This picture was from High School. The guy I'm linking arms with was high and I had to support him the whole time so he could walk in a straight line and not stumble. By the look on my face you'd think I adored him, but in reality I was pretty bugged!)
Anyway, that is what I wore to the symphony and the guy I was with was in a tux. We took it really seriously. And most of the other people there were dressed even nicer than us. It must have been a season opener or something.
But I don't own anything fancy anymore. So after reading about how to dress for the symphony, here are some photos of the best I could come up with (see below). My clothes aren't all that great, but at least I have some really nice purses. (Thanks Genette!) One is actually a diaper bag trying to pass for a purse. Can you guess which one?


As usual, thanks for listening.
Any suggestions?

5 comments:

POM Beasley said...

I like the purse in 1, love the shoes in 2, scratch 3 especially the diaper bag trying to pass as a purse (but only cuz I know for a fact that it is a diaper bag), and I like the outfit in 4. Don't know if that makes a combo or not though.

I still get choked up when I see your Homecoming Queen picture and what an elegant lady you were amidst all those hoochies (well Jesse wasn't a hoochie but put a wrap on those shoulders). You just had so much class and I loved the example you set not only with this but with Health Class, Mr. Roundy (several times), the School Superintendent meeting, the talent show fiasco, the stupid CSF trip, etc., etc. Man Dana, how was it you never got translated.

Have fun at the symphany. Take a picture of the final choice.

Dana said...

Mom! I can't believe you called my classmates hoochies! Is this how John McCain felt when his mom announced that she hates Mormons? I'm choosing #2. If you're lucky I'll even take a picture.

Em said...

my vote is the dress in the upper right hand corner. i'm guessing the diaper bag is the yellow one? i do love the yellow shoes, but i just think the black dress says "symphany."

Dana said...

Yeah, I agreed. That's the dress I wore. Thanks for the input, Emily.

Emily said...

That picture is awesome--it really does look like you adore that guy. I would have to go with the upper right corner too--you've got some cute clothing options though!