Thursday, February 12, 2009

Posting Confessions and the Waiting Game

It's been a long week. And I've been too lazy to post for a while. But even when I'm not posting anything, my mind is still running, trying to come up with anything blog-worthy. And then all I am left with is a bunch of cool pictures (at least I think they're cool), and a jumble of ideas.

But I don't like to post more than once a day, for fear of being excessive, so I try to limit myself. Sometimes, though, if I haven't posted for a while and I have a lot of ideas, I'll post a whole bunch of stuff all at once and back-date it so that it looks like I never missed a day. That's my post secret...so now you know.

Please excuse me while I go aspirate my son's nose...

Okay, I'm back.

And sometimes if I'm posting embarrassingly late at night, I'll even tamper with the time stamp so it looks like I posted at a more decent hour. And sometimes, if I'm scheduling a post to publish the next day, I'll time stamp it to publish really early in the morning. That way if anyone happens to notice the time stamp they will think, Wow, she was up early. She must be really organized. My dream is to be organized. But sometimes I just fake it. These are my confessions.Anyway, we spent a lot of our day waiting. In these pictures we were waiting in the doctor's office. We were goofing off just a little. The doctor was really nice, but Zachy didn't seem to like her. I wonder why...
...and after a lot of prodding, poking and tears...

Here's the verdict: Zachary has two moderate ear infections (that means one in each ear, for those of you keeping count).

Here's the prognosis: Good.Here's the treatment plan: Saline nose drops. Aspirate, aspirate, aspirate. Antibiotics. I hate being prescribed antibiotics because I'm one of those "hippies" who believe that antibiotics are over prescribed. So then I stress over making the judgement call of whether to give my kids the medicine, or whether to let their immune system fight it off alone. In the end I usually don't have the guts to go against the doctor, and this time was no different. So Zachy will be enjoying (seriously, he devours the stuff) pink raspberry/strawberry-flavored Amoxicillin for the next 10 mornings and evenings. Mmmmm...!

Is it just me, or does this post seem like it's missing something? I think I'll top it off with a cherry. But since I don't have a cherry, this poster will have to do. Is this the weirdest breast feeding poster you've ever seen? Now I'll just choose my time stamp, and voila, this post is complete.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love your confessions Dana! That's awesome that you change your dates and times...I never even read the post dates! lol
I'm glad that the cherry poster ended up being a breast feeding ad b/c the first thought that popped in my mind was - "those cherries make the ice cream look like boobs, i wonder why she chose that pic."

POM Beasley said...

Blogger POM Beasley said...

Dana you make me laugh and when you don't post for several days, life just isn't ....isn't......isn't ....it just isn't!!! So post often and post well. I love the way you think and the funny things that rattle through your brain. You're just so honest and there. I love it!! Your banana split picture reminds me of that Oregon vacation picture we have of you when you were little and you're squatting down and your arms are wrapped around your knees. Funny, funny....but maybe just funny to a Beasley. Love you and Adam and the kids and your blog helps lessen the distance between us.

Mari said...

If it's out with the confessions, then I must confess...I am a back-dater as well. I'm sure people have looked at my blog regularly, see nothing new for weeks and then *poof!*, they are thinking,"How did I miss those last 4 posts?"

So yes, I contribute to the mind games as well. Aren't they great?

If you think that poster is strange, remind me to tell you a story about our hallway carpet sometime...

Jana said...

Both my kids are enjoying the same raspberry sherbert/amoxicillian smoothie now too. And that breastfeeding poster is really uncomfortable and makes me not want ice cream any more. I think it just ruined it for me.