Friday, February 13, 2009

I Do Hair

Katelyn's hair had been getting so long I didn't know what to do with it. I was this close to chopping it all off. But just in the knick of time, a friend told me about BlackEyedSue over at She Does Hair. Not to mention, she blogs about it. I love this excerpt from her blog.

"Why I Do My Daughters Hair: For as long as I remember, I have loved pretty hair. Hair that had been combed and smoothed and placed in just the right way. I love going to church and seeing little girls looking pretty.

Then I had daughters of my own. I enjoy doing their hair. It is five to ten minutes just us. I lovingly comb out their hair and play with it and we talk. It is very intimate to me. I have had some of the best conversations with my daughters while styling their hair in the mornings."

I am all for anything that can strengthen my relationship with my daughter. And she loves to be girly and have "princess" hair, so I think I've found us a win/win situation. If you have a daughter, a niece, whatever...click here and check it out. She posts pictures and easy instructions for all her girly/fun hair creations. I love it!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I always love to see another Mom who is obsessed over her daughter's hair!;) Love, love, love to do hair!

POM Beasley said...

This really is a great idea and I LOVE Katelyn's hair. But you'll have to make sure you allow that extra ten minutes on your Sunday morning ritual to get to Church on time...oh no...pressure.