Monday, February 16, 2009

Hide and Go Seek

*These two look like they're up to no good.*

We have a little car. After baby #3 we may consider upgrading, but for now we remain a close-knit family. Literally. Kate and Zach are like two little sardines in the back seat. Their car seats are right next to each other, and they face each other since Zach's seat is still backwards.

Here are a few examples of how close they are: 1. They like to hold hands while riding in the car. They make each other laugh, and that makes me laugh, too. 2. If Katelyn has her hand resting on her armrest while we snap Zach's seat into the base, she gets her fingers smashed. It's pretty sad, so we try to make sure it never happens.

Here is an example of how close they are to me: If Katelyn puts her feet up she can push them into my seat, and it is really annoying because of how much it pushes on my back.

So why all the background info? Because it makes the following conversation seem even funnier. Here is a bit of what I heard coming from the back seat of my car today. Keep in mind that both sardines are strapped in their seats as all this takes place.

Katelyn: "What should we do? Hmmm...I know! Let's play Hide-and-Seek in the car! Okay, I'll count. One...Two...Three...Four...FIVE! Hmmm...I wonder where Zachy is...?(pause)...There's Zachary! I found you!"

Zachary: (squeals with delight)

Kate: "Okay. Now Zach, you hide again. One, two, three, four, five! Hmmm. Where's Zach? Oh, there he is! I found you!"

Zach: (squeals with delight)

I heard this whole dialogue repeat, with all the original surprise and enthusiasm, about 12 more times. A few times she was seeking me instead of ZachMan, but somehow she managed to find me every time. What clever kids I am raising!

Katelyn, I love you oodles!