Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I So Dearly Love to Laugh!


Last month at girls night, I realized I was the second oldest in the whole group. I'm used to being the youngest. It felt weird.

Last night I read a facebook post. In college, I had been the girl's piano teacher until I moved away. Her post read "I am 18 today." So why did it make ME feel old?

Tonight I looked in the mirror. I noticed fine lines forming under my eyes (*gasp).

I didn't freak out. I came to terms.

Why? Because they are the kind of wrinkles you get from smiling and laughing a lot. I see no shame in that, so I will consider these the "good kind" and try my best to wear them well.

Age equals experience. Experience is good.

9 comments:

Gina said...

I love your take on lines that so many women of our age try to "undo"

I too think they are a map of our emotions and hopefully mainly caused by laughter. Why would you want to erase that?

Gina said...

P.S Beautiful photo of you!

Carlson Clan said...

I love this post Dana!! That is an awesome picture of you first of all and you're right about getting older, it doesn't really feel like we're old huh? And I love the post title! Pride and Prejudice is the best!

POM Beasley said...

You are beautiful Dana through and through and this is a super picture. And remember Granny says the secret to her non-wrinkleness to her skin is olive oil.

karen said...

Smart girl. And a pretty one, too.

Mari said...

Awesome. And it's like my mom says sometimes, "It's not so much the years....it's the mileage!"

Em said...

i LOVE this picture of you. i hope you frame it and hang it up. i love my wrinkles. they are the scrapbook of life on a person's face:-)

The Haney Family said...

Beautiful pic, Dana! We miss you guys. Hope you are enjoying beautiful socal weather!

Beth said...

You are such a beautiful woman! And I guarantee that you maybe have a tiny miniscule line under your eyes, because I remember your skin being Perrrrfect!