Sunday, January 4, 2009

WHOO-PAH!!

This morning as we were getting ready for church a knock came on our door...and then a ring. Unusual. So, we answer the door and guess who it was? The cops. Very unusual.

Cop: "We got a report of someone screaming in this area today. Have you guys been screaming?"

Adam: "No--maybe my daughter...Did Katelyn scream this morning?"
Me: "No."(She has been known to scream on occasion, but not this morning.)

Cop: "Did you hear any screaming this morning?"

Us: "No. We didn't hear anything unusual." (Besides all the po-leece.)

Cop: "Do you mind if I come in and look around. Just to make sure there's no one lying on your floor or anything?"

Me: Huh? Lying on my floor! What are you talking at!!

Adam: "Sure. Have you checked at our neighbors." (Hint, hint, wink, wink. They're on drugs.)

Cop: "Yeah. I was just there. I know what you mean." (Wink, wink)

Me: Maybe I should brush up on my self-defense. WHOOPAH!!

*This is me on our New Years hike demonstrating what would happen to any person or animal that might try to attack us on our hike. I am brandishing a WEAPON. Of course, if it were an animal my arm would be swinging much lower. This is more like "Here, let me stab you in the throat, SUCKAA!!"

3 comments:

Em said...

goooooood story. so who was screaming?

Dana said...

Beats me. The cops hung around most of the day, but I don't think they found anything.

Family said...

Crazy! We have had some crazy neighbors in our appartment complex. Like drugs, screaming, and some beating! I am glad they have moved, well there in jail now so ya. Crazy!