This is what we ate for breakfast on New Year's Day
Peach Cobbler
The recipe is from the Salt Lick restaurant in Austin, Texas.
It's really yummy, but next time I make it I will definitely
add more peaches, and probably use less sugar.
Here's it is:
It's really yummy, but next time I make it I will definitely
add more peaches, and probably use less sugar.
Here's it is:
12 Servings (but we ate the whole thing in a day!)
Batter:
1/2 cup melted butter
Batter:
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup room temperature milk
1 room temperature egg
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup room temperature milk
1 room temperature egg
Filling:
1 (28 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 (28 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder & salt. Stir in milk & egg. Pour evenly over melted butter.
3. Combine peaches, sugar & spices and spread over batter-DO NOT STIR! Bake 35-45 minutes until batter comes to the top and is golden brown.
4. Serve warm with ice cream.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder & salt. Stir in milk & egg. Pour evenly over melted butter.
3. Combine peaches, sugar & spices and spread over batter-DO NOT STIR! Bake 35-45 minutes until batter comes to the top and is golden brown.
4. Serve warm with ice cream.
1 comment:
mmm The Salt Lick is so good! This looks yummy too!! I'll have to try it out, with more peaches and less sugar :)
Post a Comment