Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy
This performance has been on my mind all day. It is a joy to watch! John Williams wrote this beautiful arrangement of an already beautiful song: Simple Gifts. Did you notice how everyone in the audience at the Obama inauguration was bundled up and FREEZING? Imagine how these musicians felt trying to get their frozen fingers to work. Did you check out the pianist? She is performing in MITTENS! That is nuts!! I've tried before...It's impossible. SO...I officialy have a new favorite pianist. And her name is Gabriela Montero. And she plays the piano in mittens. She is also wearing a cool dress. Plus, check out Yo-Yo Ma's face. He looks so HAPPY. Itzhak Perlman--you may be aging, but I still love you!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing that Dana and bringing something to my attention that I probably wouldn't have appreciated on my own. You have a knack for bringing out the "stopping and smelling the roses" in life and many of the beauties there are if we just are in tuned to it and take the time to notice.
And she didn't have a page turner and her music was not even upright. I'm sure you get to know a song pretty well when you are preparing it for the presidential inauguration, but I'm still impressed.
Post a Comment