Friday, January 30, 2009

Glam Girls


Kate went to a glam girl birthday party recently. She was definitely the youngest one there. All the other girls were about 7+, but Katelyn didn't seem to notice. She did everything they did. I guess the hardest part for me to watch was the dancing. Hannah Montana and the Jo Bros. She was shaking her booty right along with the other girls. She's such a little mimic. I'm a little tempted to home school this one. Afterwards Adam and I told her that all the other girls were much older than her. She didn't believe us. "Yes. Those girls are seven," we said. "No. They're three," she insisted. Yikes! Before the party ended they all dressed up and each had a turn walking the runway. Kate stands out. She is the one with only one lens in her sunglasses. She strutted to the end of the catwalk and held the pose for all her photographers. She really knew how to work it. Yeah, I think I'll look into home school. You should have heard the group of 8th grade girls I heard at the park today. I couldn't believe the things they were talking about. I don't want Katelyn to hear that everyday. Am I just paranoid? I don't think I am.

4 comments:

Em said...

hahahaha, so cute, no you're not crazy, but if you send her to school you can use it as an opportunity to strengthen her into a woman living in the world and not of the world right?! ;-)

POM Beasley said...

I'm not sure which post I'm more amused by...Maggie's 20 interesting things, or Katelyn's Kat Walk. By the way, I'll volunteer to home school Katelyn

Shelley said...

I would not worry too much about that just yet. Just keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't go to school with sunglasses that only have one lens. Or maybe that could help matters.

Dana said...

Shelley, yours is the best advice so far! If all else fails, I'm sending her to school in one-lens sunglasses. I love it!