I was in orange, stopped at a stoplight, when the 1st one hit this afternoon. The car kept jolting and I was confused, so I went through the checklist of possibilities: 1) Katelyn is fidgeting in the back seat, causing it to jolt...No, wait a minute, Katelyn doesn't weigh enough to rock the car like that. 2) The guy behind us is ramming us!! No, look--he's not even moving. That leaves us only one other option...3) AN EARTHQUAKE!! ...(don't panic) .
I went straight home to check for damage...and you'll never believe what I found!!
Devastating. I know.
I guess there's a reason that Wii sensor bars come with adhesive. Because you never know when a natural disaster is going to come along and leave it dangling from your TV set. Poor little thing.
For the 2nd and largest quake I was actually in YL at my cousin's baby shower. The best part was Aunt Mel. Let me explain...
I am not a native of this area, so I have no clue what to do when earthquakes hit. This time I was in a whole house FULL of natives. I decided to watch them and copy what they do...maybe learn a thing or two. Mel took action first, so I followed her lead. She dashed to the nearest couch and then toward the back door. I did too. Turns out she was just panicking and heading for the nearest exit. You're not really supposed to do that. Ha! I love Mel!
The 3rd quake was right after the second. A 3.8 (according to the news). I didn't even feel it. I was too busy talking about the other one and laughing at...Wait! I mean WITH...Aunt Mel.
Adam and his friend J are predicting a BIG one tomorrow. Stay tuned to find out if they are right...
(I hope they're not)...
2 comments:
i'm glad we're not the only ones who didn't use that adhevsive!!! don't worry, after hearing your devasting experience we'll surely tape ours down IMMEDIATELY!!! goodness i'm glad you helped up prevent the same disaster;-) lol, glad you guys are safe, that's crazy!
I had no idea that the OC got hit with earthquakes! I grew up near the San Andreas fault line so I'm used to them (I actually LIKED them as a kid...) and I'm impressed how coolly you dealt with them! Hopeuflly that is the last of them for awhile.
Post a Comment