Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Favorite Things

We spent Christmas with my parents this year. It was nice to see everyone again. Maggie was super-fun, as usual. Jonathan was fun, too, in all of his moustached glory. Oh, who am I kidding? I do NOT think moustaches are the least bit glorious. What purpose do they serve? Food catcher? Lip warmer? Pedophile extraordinare? No, thank you! But, alas...what Jon does with his upper lip is none of my business, so rock on little brother.

Now I'd like to take a moment to show off some of my favorite new gifts I got for Christmas this year, because it's my blog and I can do that sort of thing.

My first favorite gift is this Anthropologie apron. You know...the one I have been coveting for years, but can never bring myself to spend the money on (even though it's totally worth it to look that cute in the kitchen.) This is from Maggie. Thank you Maggie! I was practical and asked for haircutting scissors, but you decided to HOOK ME UP! She also got me some adorable colorful bowls, which I love...not only because they are adorable, but also because they are Made in Portugal--and in my family that is a big deal! And she got me NARNIA movie...Love that, too!
My next favorite gift is this new sewing machine. Woah, I didn't see that one coming! Thank you Mom and Dad for the rad present (like it Maggie? You think Southern Californians still say "rad" all the time. Maybe you're right...It is one of my favorite adjectives), and thank you Jana for picking it out. Next time the Relief Society has a BYOSM (bring your own sewing machine) activity I will absolutely be there...with my own sewing machine! Last night Adam and I put the kids to bed early and played around with it. We sewed up a seam that had split in his work pants. Apparently he was giving someone an adjustment...and you can just imagine what happened next. I think Chiropractors should wear sweats instead of slacks. It's a very physical job! Anyway, our next project will be to sew a surf sock for Adam's surfboard. By the way, Adam loves making surfboards so if you know anyone who wants one, let us know. He can do it for super-cheap and would love an excuse to make another board.

4 comments:

Jake & Rachel said...

Hey Adam and Dana! Love your blog, your kids are dang cute!! And by the way, I love that apron too. You'll have to check out our blog, thecampfam.blogspot.com. Hope you don't mind that I added you to my blog list..

POM Beasley said...

Just think Dana....with this new sewing machine you can make a bazillion Anthropologie aprons yourself for all of us....it's all a matter of picking the right material. Maggie can hook you up to the proper web sites for that I'm sure. Glad you like the gift and for it's high rating status...It was great for me to find something I could actually surprise you with and make it a total blind side for a change. And you do look MAAAA-VELOUS in the apron.

Em said...

oh my goodness, love love love (one more time) L-O-V-E your apron. i can't wait wait wait to finish mine!!!!! i have stollen my mom's sewing machine and am holding it hostage until she comes to explain slipstitch loop hole hub bub to me;-)

Maggie Mae said...

I loved this post. Everything was très funny, all the way from "pedophile extraordinaire" to "BYOSM". I laughed at it all.