Friday, July 6, 2012

The Bird Whisperer


 I have been re-reading "The Secret" lately. Today, I think the kids and I attracted this little yellow bird. My father-in-law would be so proud...haha! We didn't attract it on purpose, but earlier this week while we were out on a morning trail walk behind our house, we stopped to observe and admire these cute little yellow birds...about a dozen or two of them, all around us, pecking around the bushes for a morning snack. The little birds were so cute, so it stuck out in my mind. 

So guess what? 

When Adam came home from work today, he announced that he had a surprise for the kids. He walked in holding a jar with one of the very same little yellow birds! He had found it injured and unable to fly while he was leaving work, so he collected it into the jar with bird food and some water and brought it home. The kids had fun trying to name it. One of its eyes is damaged, so Adam wanted to name it Willie...after One-Eyed Willie. Zach wanted to name it Luigi, and Katelyn wanted to name it Krysta, after the fairy from "Fern Gully". I'm not sure what they finally decided on, but I think it might have been Sharkey. I just hope Sharkey is not carrying any diseases!! He/She is so adorable. The kids are absolutely in love. Katelyn put the jar in her bedroom and sang it beautiful bird lullabies for about a half hour tonight because she thought she could help it fall asleep and relax.

Who knew my husband was such a bird whisperer? He says the bird is called a Golden Finch. 

So there you have it folks. The law of attraction in action, and tonight my kids have a Golden Finch in a jar in their bedroom to prove it!!

No comments: