Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

This week is my birthday week. 

We had been planning on doing something fun today to celebrate, BUT... last night Zach had a fever. 

Today it was worse. 

I stayed home all day with Zach (and his fever) while Kate and Adam enjoyed the beach and the Sawdust Festival. 

He forgot to take pictures. 

We have no babysitter tonight because who wants to babysit a sickie? 

**Not anyone I know. 

Adam is out with both kids right now shopping for my present. I am home doing laundry and planning my grocery trip. 

Also, I am feeling a little sorry for myself. 

There...I said it. 

But I'll try to make the best of it. Maybe I'll hit up the Redbox at the grocery store and have a micro-date with Adam tonight. 

And maybe we can convince a few people to come over tomorrow for World Cup Cupcakes? 

We shall see...

Life doesn't always go as planned. 

**This statement is false

3 comments:

Gina said...

Happy Birthday!!!
What a shame your plans for celebrating have come unstuck. I hope poor Zach gets better soon. In the meantime go find some candles, push the toys into a corner, get the kids to bed and open a bottle of wine, watch a movie by candlelight and eat chocolate. What more could a birthday Mum want...?!!!

Dana said...

Thanks Gina. Haha! We did exactly what you described...except sparkly lemonade in place of wine. Fun times!

POM Beasley said...

And my gift fit right in with the "best laid plans". I thought the engraved shuffle was going to be the cats' meow for you and I didn't even have to pick Adam's brain....and then it was a fizzle since you already had one after all.....next year I ask Adam. SORRRRRY!!!!!