This morning Zachary sat at the table eating yogurt, his favorite new food. He insists on feeding himself and making a glorious mess of everything, but that's another story.
Katelyn wandered over with an easter egg in her hands. She sat in the seat next to him and proceeded with a riddle:
Zach, inside this egg I have a surprise for you. Can you guess what it is?
(No response.)
Here are some clues:
It is brown.
It is curious.
It has a dad.
It's dad wears a yellow suit.
And brown shoes.
Its dad is not curious.
Do you know what it is, Zachy?
(Zach continued eating his yogurt, saying nothing.)
Okay. It is an animal.
What is it, Zach?
(Still nothing.)
It's....
It's....
It's...
I CAN'T TELL YOU!!
And then she ran off.
Curious, I thought.
Katelyn wandered over with an easter egg in her hands. She sat in the seat next to him and proceeded with a riddle:
Zach, inside this egg I have a surprise for you. Can you guess what it is?
(No response.)
Here are some clues:
It is brown.
It is curious.
It has a dad.
It's dad wears a yellow suit.
And brown shoes.
Its dad is not curious.
Do you know what it is, Zachy?
(Zach continued eating his yogurt, saying nothing.)
Okay. It is an animal.
What is it, Zach?
(Still nothing.)
It's....
It's....
It's...
I CAN'T TELL YOU!!
And then she ran off.
Curious, I thought.
Did you guess?
3 comments:
Not until I saw the photo!
Well I would never have guessed old George but I've learned to never try to think logically with a 3 or 4 year old. (Not that I EVER think logically!) How cute that she made that all up! Kids are funny...
Nope. Didn't guess it. Cute little Curious George doll, though.
Post a Comment