Thursday, January 28, 2010

A-Okay

Last night my mom called my cell.

I was in the middle of Chorale rehearsal and we're not supposed to have our ringers on, but that night I didn't bother with it. I always forget to turn it back on and I miss about a dozen calls before I remember.

So...

The phone sang out loudly. Then once again when she left a message. I faked innocence and hoped everyone would assume it had been left behind by one of the tenors working sectionals in the other room.

After I got home I called her back. The beginning of our conversation went something like this:

Me: "What's up mom?"

Mom: "Nothing. It's just that...you haven't blogged in a while. I just want to make sure everything's okay."

Me: (after I finished laughing) "Okay!? Of course! I'm fine. Don't send out the search parties just yet!"

So mom, here are some pictures of your grandbabies to tide you over.

We're alive. Seriously.

Love you!

Dana

4 comments:

POM Beasley said...

AHHHHH.....thank you Dana for giving me my blog fix and Kate and Zach picture updates. But you have been warned cuz I know the day and time of practice now and will use this tactic again if needed. Love you too and your tolerance of a whacko mother. For my sake I can only hope that clutter piled high on the computer keyboard and crazy blog stockers do not keep you from posting. Otherwise...to the WEBCAM we go!!!

POM Beasley said...

I love this picture of Katelyn running in the field. Oh to be young again.

karen said...

Listen to your mother. Speaking as a grandma whose grandkiddies are ALL far away, we live for the pictures and the blogs and the news. It's hard to grandparent from afar.

POM Beasley said...

Listen to your "Karen" Dana. Thank you Karen.