Friday, March 11, 2011

The Kitchen Chronicles

I have a new favorite website. It is a cooking blog by my friend Beth. Every time I turn on my computer, I check to see if there is a new, scrumptious recipe for me to try. If there is not, I look at the old recipes, and drool and dream about cooking them. But if there IS a new recipe, my heart goes all a'flutter, and I drink in all of the new cooking tips and techniques that Beth is so kind to share with clueless kitchen wannabe's like me.

This recipe is from Beth's first post. I don't know what to call it. It's kind of like an Asian stir fry, but not like one I've ever had before. When I was cooking it, my home started to smell like the international food court at the local specialty market. It was lovely. It was my first time cooking with ginger (unless you count gingerbread...but I don't). It smelled so good! And also my first time using Braggs Liquid Aminos, a healthy and more flavorful alternative to soy sauce.

The dinner turned out so delicious that I decided to open up Mom's Restaurant. We open the restaurant only for special occasions or fancy meals. We dim the lights, set up candles, and turn on music (tonight--The Beatles Rubber Soul). Dinner was a blast...and the leftovers were divine.

My next kitchen adventure will be homemade coconut Lara bars...once I get a new food processor. I'm very excited!!

Thank you Beth! Visit "The Kitchen Chronicles" here.

3 comments:

POM Beasley said...

You sound hauntingly like Julie/Julia...or was it Julia/Julie....no definitely Julie/Julia.

AdamHaneyDDS said...

I made that recipe when she posted it too! It was so yummy and I liked that it was different from our normal routine. My kids gobbled it up and I added tons of extra veggies like cabbage and carrots and peas etc. YUM! I can't wait for more recipes!

Em said...

Made her hashbrowns for dinner tonight:)