Friday, February 18, 2011

Vote for The Steelwells!!


So this guy, Joey Winters, is in our circle of friends. Actually, he's more in my husband's circle of friends and I am just friends with his cousin Jessica, who is equally awesome. Joey has a band called The Steelwells. Now, I'm picky about what I listen to, and I like to listen to The Steelwells. Their music even makes my kids dance and laugh. When I heard that they had a chance at making the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine and being signed to a recording contract I was so excited! That's HUGE!! Anyway, I'm telling you this because I hope you will vote for them...every day, if you want. Rate them 5 stars to vote; you can vote once a day. They are great artists and performers...they really deserve it!

Anyway, I stole the following paragraphs from Jessica's blog. She is giving away a Steelwells CD, personalized by her cousin, and a batch of yummy cookies made by him, too. To enter the contest, visit her blog here.

"My cousin Joey is in a band and they are good. Perhaps you think you know what I'm saying, but they ARE really good. They have played at various clubs around LA and OC. They've been on a couple tours around the Western States. They're on Pandora and iTunes. They even won the OC Music Award for Best New Indie group and Best New Song. I promise they are really talented and a lot of fun. My favorite performance was House of Blues. Not so much the part where I got hit on by a drunk 19 year old (another post entirely), but the part where I got to see them on stage with a full house, smoke and lights. It was a blast.

Perhaps the best part of their band is they are not the typical "Rock Star" types. They're just regular guys who love their music. Talented regular guys I should say. Their goal is really just to earn enough to keep playing.

Here's some things you should know about Joey:
1) He's a nice guy. He likes kids and works for the school district helping kids with autism.
2) He helped me get Owen into a really great preschool.
3) I remember when he was born and have known him my whole life. He is a creative, out side the box kind of guy. I have stories, but I don't want to embarrass him.
4) He writes clean lyrics that are poetic. He likes people to be happy.
5) He makes really yummy cookies.

So I'm asking a favor. Part because I love Joey, and part because I think they deserve it. They are up for the cover of Rolling Stones Magazine. I know! Crazy exciting!! When I talked to Joey about it, he acted like it wasn't a big deal, but I think deep down he's dying about it. This pic was taken by Rolling Stones, if they win the contest. Anyway, could you vote for them?

Here's the link. Give them 5 stars. You can vote once a day if you want to. I am."

1 comment:

Em said...

saw them on our local news this week!