Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kate's Day

5...
years



Today was Kate's 5th birthday. Here is how the day went:

Me: Kate, what do you want for dinner tonight?
Kate: Macaroni and cheese--and Oreos.


Kate: Broccoli makes good Shrek ears.
Zach: I an ogre!


She got birthday hugs from her friends at school. So cute! Back at home I showed her her new flower garden. (Did you know the Target garden centers are closing down? Great deals right now!) Planty and Queenie didn't make it through the summer.
Feels like a death in the family. But she named all the new plants: Cutie, Pretty, Smelly, Shady and Strawberry. Planty and Queenie have officially been replaced. Haha!

Bertha brought her a balloon bouquet and one of those HUGE cookies. And Kate got her bday wish of playing Wii with daddy while I taught lessons for a couple hours. Our neighbor was so sweet and brought her a few little gifts with a card and a dollar. Kate was super excited about the dollar. :)

After Bday dinner she blew out her candles and opened up her brand new Pillow Pet, which she's been obsessing over all year. I swore I'd never buy one...the commercial is so obnoxious...but lucky for her Adam picked some up in Fry's one day. One for Zach, one for Kate. I won't be surprised if he gets one for himself next! Anyway, she LOVED it! Adam did good!



Now the kids are on a sugar low. They are camped out in the living room with their new PillowPets, watching Dora in the dark. It was a good day!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Hope 5 is good to you. And Zach looks so much like a little little Dad, with Shrek ears.

POM Beasley said...

...and Kate looks like a kindergarten me with a better haircut. Happy birthday Katelyn Joann Poole!!!