Today I planned on running Kate to school, but I was self-conscious about the other moms and dads seeing me in running clothes.
I asked Adam, "Should I wear my tight shorts that go long, or my short shorts that are loose?"
He said, "Either one; you look hot."
I said, "Thanks, but still don't know what to wear."
The tight shorts are very tight. They show everything (including my J-Lo booty).
The loose shorts are very short, and my legs are pale and scrawny. People don't need to see that, right?
But I was determined to run. I chose the loose shorts and walked out into the kitchen.
*****
Kate was in her jammies eating breakfast at the table. Her reaction wasn't exactly the same as Adam's. She took one look at me and said, "You look Ugly! If you think you're dropping me off in those clothes, then I'm not getting ready for school today!"
(What-the-WHAT?! She's only been 5 for a day!)
After lots of back and forth, she apologized, (although I can't say I totally disagree with her...I think running clothes are kind of ugly, too. For example: my mom used to wear her running shoes everywhere and I remember being more than a little embarrassed.)
We made a compromise:
I would wear street clothes and WALK them to school; she would get ready to go.
The funny thing is, we ended up running anyway.
I was wearing bermuda shorts and a white cottony shirt.
We were four minutes early.
3 comments:
What the What???!!!!.....you were embarrassed by my running shoes????
That is the funniest story ever. And I loved the pic of you and Adam on Facebook riding a ride somewhere. HILARIOUS!
OH MAN!!!
Post a Comment