I found a new book of crochet pattern dolls by Amy Gaines. I think they are adorable! I made this pirate panda for Zach and I was really excited to give it to him. I was nervous because I wasn't sure how the bonding would go. I know that sounds weird, but you must understand...the doll is HANDMADE...by ME. If they didn't hit it off I would be very disappointed. Well, it's taken some time, but I think they are friends now. And I noticed that Zach started calling the pirate panda "Par' Mee". You don't even know how pleased I was by this. I was hoping he would give the panda a name.
What does Par'Mee mean?, I wondered. I had a few wrong guesses, but I think I've finally figured it out. We were all in the bathroom one day: Katelyn on the potty, Zachary watching, and me standing by to supervise the quality of wipeage. Zach grabbed the almost empty roll of toilet paper and put it to his eye like a pirate scope and began dancing and singing "Par' Mee, Par' Mee". Then I figured it out...and I laughed. From the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland: "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!" I love how sometimes a mom is the only one to speak their kids' language! In Zachary-land, "Par' Mee" = "pirates life for me!" Soooo cute! I'm so glad that Zach and Par' Mee are friends!
Here is a kitty we made for Katelyn's cat friend, Kedareda, who is moving. :(
Katelyn chose the color of the yarn to match Keda's fur. I thought Keda turned out cute, too!
Meow!
7 comments:
Those are sooooo cute Dana!!!! I love them! Good job!
Darling Dana! Love them!!
I wish I could crochet... I'd totally buy those... they're adorable!
Those are so cute Dana. Nice work.
These are beautiful! I totally get the whole "Hoping he bonds" thing! There is so much effort put into loving our kids that it is crushing if they don't love something we have made for them, a birthday cake, a toy, an item of clothing. It is like we attach so much to the reaction they give us as a way of measuring how good a job we are doing.
You are obviously doing really well!
Keep up the good work...
that is so cool!!! it's reminding me i want to finish the blanket i was making max when i was pregnant. dang those squares!!!
What cute little dolls! I especially like the pirate.
Post a Comment