Sunday, May 9, 2010

He did the laundry!






This morning Adam woke up early. He didn't make me breakfast...

He did the laundry!

Best Mother's Day present EVER!

Adam and the kids took me shopping yesterday. I seriously can't remember the last time I went to the mall. (Ever since we went on a new budget I've been avoiding it. Haha!) I chose the gray cardigan I am wearing in the photos above. Katelyn made me promise that I would act surprised when she gave it to me, and in church today, while I was teaching singing time, she announced to all her friends and teachers that she had bought me the cardi I was wearing for Mother's Day and that later she would be throwing me a special tea party. Fancy Nancy!

In church, Katelyn's teachers helped her make a little gift bag with a photo. She told me all about how she chose a pink ribbon and a white bag, and how Daniel chose a pink bag, but later traded with Avery for a brown bag since Avery wanted pink. And how Katelyn did NOT want to give me a brown bag because it was just so plain, and how Avery's gum was showing in her picture, which Katelyn thought was very funny, but her mom probably wouldn't think it was funny, and on and on... I love it when she shares these little things with me!


Littleman made me something, too. He was very proud!

Thanks for the hug, Littleman!

I got myself something, too. Is that allowed? Ever since I found the bugs in my flour I've been eyeing the 10-piece Oxo Pop airtight container set. There's so much more space in my pantry now. I love it!

No bugs allowed!


Happy Mother's Day!

7 comments:

Mary Jo said...

This is a great post! There has been many times Mike has offered to do the laundry and I have always been "no that's ok" because honestly I don't trust him to do the laundry and I really don't mind doing laundry. When I had Hudson in Nov. and was in the hospital for 4 days Mike called to ask me questions about doing the laundry. lol What setting, how much detergent etc. I know he did his own laundry before we got married but I guess after 8 years he has forgotten?

POM Beasley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
POM Beasley said...

Beautiful post. Do you know how much I love you....
<{======THIS MUCH!!=======}>

Tiffany said...

Such cute love notes from your kiddos! And organization is a fantastic present! {even if you get it for yourself!lol!}

Mari said...

Awesome! Averie's mom didn't think it was REALLY funny that her gum was showing, but just a little funny because it is just sooo Averie. Congrats on the containers! A place for everything....I dream of the day : )

Gina said...

Sounds like a great Mothers Day! Having the laundry done beats chocolate any day in my book!!!

Em said...

cute cute cute
and
more
cute.
sean cleaned the microwave this morning.
i told him it was better than anything he could have bought me.