Saturday, June 4, 2011
Color and Lights
A child's imagination is so unique. I think there's a spark of magic in there somewhere, inspiring them to do amazing and cool things that we grown-ups would never think of.
Like painting Christmas lights on the sun. I never do that...but Katelyn did. (see above)
Or like the other day when I heard her playing doctor with her cousins. The older girl was saying, "Pretend I'm here because I have a bomb in my stomach, and tomorrow is my last day to live..." I have never thought of that scenario...but she did.
Or the way that each day my Littleman looks me in the eye and tells me (very seriously) that: "Nine years ago, when [he] was four, [he]...(fill in the blank, since it changes every time.)"
I love this quote by Roahl Dahl, one of my favorite childrens authors. He says, "...Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
I believe that children are one of those "most unlikely places" he spoke of. My kids help me believe in magic, and I'm so grateful for the times that they invite me into their world to share their secrets. My advice to those of us fortunate enough to be mothers? Enjoy it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very Very true! We can be so busy rushing from activity to activity and trying to keep them clean and fed that we miss the opportunity to just soak them up!
Beautiful Katelyn!!
Love it.
Post a Comment