Second star to the right, and straight on til morning!!
1.) The kid is totally carefree.
2.) Certainly, he doesn't seem to think he needs his parents. He runs off all the time really.
3.) I hope he never grows up!
How to:
His costume is a large green t-shirt, frayed at the ends with scissors. I dyed his onesie and a pair of tights dark green to go underneath it all. I tied a brown satin ribbon as his belt (didn't buy him the Peter Pan dagger...I don't want him getting any ideas...). I sewed the green felt hat from a pattern I found on the internet, and sewed on a large red feather from the craft store. It was all pretty easy.Hermione Granger
Katelyn insisted that she needed a *tie* in order to be Hermione this year. She said last year (as Harry Potter) she didn't feel really like him without a tie. Well, that about broke my heart (not really), so this year I went all out and bought her an entire Gryffindor uniform. How to:
During my research I discovered that 1st and 2nd year Hogwarts students wear grey uniforms. Unfortunately, nobody is selling school uniforms this far into the school year. But I didn't lose hope. After lots of shopping, Katelyn and I came up with this: White button-up collared shirt--JC Penney's, grey(ish) v-neck sweater--Old Navy, uniformy-looking skirt--Target, grey cable-knit stockings--Old Navy. The robes and tie can be purchased at a costume shop. My dad (aka Dumbledore) carved her wand as a bday present last year. (Honestly, she still believes that Dumbledore himself sent her the wand.) But the best accessory of all was Hermione's big hair. I braided her wet hair into little braids the night before. The next day, undid the braids, fluffed and hairsprayed. Voila! Instant pouf!! It lasted all day.Have a Happy Halloween!!

5 comments:
you inspire me!
Oh Dana....I wish you would've been my mom. You have the voice of an angel, the creativity of Michelangelo, the intuitiveness of a psychic, and you're just there in your kids world with them. You make their childhood fun. Bravo!!
You made a great effort! I can't believe what a great Peter Pan outfit you managed to make!
Oh my goodness! Peter pan is so cute!!! Hermione Granger is pretty cute too.
Hey Dana and Adam! How are you guys?! We have not been very good this year about blogging and keeping up with everyone, but we just wanted you to know that we were thinking of you and hope all is well! Your kids are getting so big!
Post a Comment