This morning I woke up and shaved my legs.
You see, I have big plans for today.
I feel pretty ashamed to be doing this, but you must understand where I'm coming from. I'm staying at my parent's house in the middle of nowhere with no car and no Adam. I'm really bored!
Today I am crashing weddings.
(Please don't judge me...)
For the first wedding, I have a semi-invite. My sister is a bridesmaid and the bride said I can come. I can't pass up this chance to see my little sis all decked out in a fabulous bright orange bridesmaid dress...Plus I'm really happy for the bride...so I'm crashing (I hope my kids behave).
The second wedding...I feel totally guilty about coming uninvited, but I'm going anyway. My mom is invited and I can't let her go alone, right?...Right?
I knew Allie back when I was in college. She was about 12 years old then, but now she's probably 21. I met her through my ex-boyfriend. He was her babysitter, and I became her piano teacher. He used to joke about how gorgeous she was (which was true), but I think he might have really liked her. For instance, once upon a time he stood me up at a dance because he was giving 12-year-old Allie a driving lesson. Needless to say, the relationship didn't last long after that! He and I are still friends on facebook, but Allie and I aren't even facebook friends. So, what am I doing crashing her wedding? I don't know! I hope she doesn't hate me for it!! (I know the groom's family, too. Doesn't that count for something?)
So, dear brides and grooms of the Chico/Orland area who I only know through distant connections, please don't hate me if I show up to your celebration uninvited. I don't eat much and I promise not to make a scene. I'll just blend and mingle, and probably write my name on the gift my mom brings. You'll hardly even know I'm there.
Congratulations!!
Love, Dana
Update: We never made it to wedding #2. Littleman is home with a high fever. Kids are so unpredictable!!
3 comments:
Haha! Well at least you SORT of know them! The movie Wedding Crashers was on last night..did you happen to see it? That would be funny.
Dana, you crack me up. You go have an AWESOME time at the weddings, okay?! Love all of your posts.
About your comment on our blog...we WISH we could move back to California right this very second, but...the time has not yet come. Hopefully we will in a few years!!! We'll see if we can have any $ by then.
Dana I don't understand why you could possibly be bored in Orland? haha. Nice to know we have something in common (even if its temporary), although I do have a car. Let me know if you want ot hang. Not sure how long you're here for.
Post a Comment